Tuesday 24 April 2012

Sam's First Macarons....Dutch style!

OK, so strictly speaking, these aren't Sam's first macaroons, but he only had one at Christmas, so this was his first chance to really savour them. I'd previously made macaroons at Christmas from the fabulous Lorraine Pascale. I'd tried a few macaroon recipes before, but this one is the only one I've found that properly works:
So, when I was invited to bring something along to a birthday party of a Dutch friend, I decided to give these a go again, but this time, with a twist!
Ok, so I couldn't get the colours quite right, but, I'm sure you'll agree, there is some semblance to the Dutch flag! Unfortunately, the red sides didn't turn out quite as well as the blue ones, so after finding an excess of blue macaroons, I decided to pay homage to Argentina too:
They seem to go down really well at the party, and by the time it was drawing to a close, every single one had gone!

1 comment: